Sunday, June 24, 2007

Istanbul Trip Day 5 (25 May 2007) Buyukada Part 1


Hotel Erboy, the entrance


Calling you! :D


Hubby's new car. hehe dreaming haha


On the way to the pier


We got there! yeah! Büyükada is the largest of the nine islands consisting the Princes' Islands in the Sea of Marmara, near Istanbul.


We went to Buyukada for a day trip. Once we arrived there, we were starving. We went to a cafe for lunch. The food was OK but it didn't look so good. It made me feel there wasn't much food. lol Anyway, Some old man from another table came and talked to Hubby when I was in the bathroom. I came out and saw them talking. He asked me in Turkish whether Roger was my boyfriend. I knew what he was asking. So, I showed him my wedding ring and then he smiled, nodded and walked away. The same thing happened to me a few times. In other countries, you don't get people asking you that kind of question. It's just weird.


Even though the lunch wasn't very good, our dessert was wicked. :D We had the famous ice cream called Mado. It has kind of a chewy texture. Very yummy!


Hubby & Wifey


The little one is their kid :D


Lots of holiday homes on the island


I want one like this!


Pretty!




la la la


We walked around the island for an hour and then had a ride on the horse-drawn carriage. It was very cool and romantic. :D We even took a video of it.


We left the island around 5ish. Got on the ferry back to Kebatas and headed up to Besiktas for dinner.

No comments: